Deciding to Go Out During Covid-19
As communities and businesses are opening around the U.S, you may be looking for ways to resume some daily activities as safely as possible. Even though at this time there is no way to ensure zero risk of infection, it’s important to understand the risks and preventative measures you can take to protect yourself and reduce the spread of Covid-19. In this post we have summarized some important preventive measures and guidelines you should keep in mind. To read the full article by the Center For Disease Control and Prevention you can click here.
Interacting With Others:
- How Many People Will You Interact With?
- Interacting with more people outside of your household raises your risk of contracting Covid-19.
- Being in a group with people who aren’t social distancing or wearing masks increases your risk level.
- Can You Keep 6 Feet of Space Between You and Others?
- The closer you are to other people who may be infected, the greater your risk of getting sick.
- Will you be indoors or outside?
- Indoor spaces are more risky than outdoor spaces where it might be harder to keep people apart and there’s less ventilation
- How long will you be interacting with others?
- Spending more time with people who may be infected increases your risk of becoming infected
What to Consider Before Going Out:
- What are the local orders in my community?
- Review updates from your local health department to better understand the current Covid-19 situation and what locations should be open
- Am I at risk for severe illness?
- Older adults or people of any age with underlying medical conditions should take additional precautions when going out
- Do I have to share items, equipment or tools with other people?
- Choose places that are encouraging limited sharing of items, some restaurants may be offering digital or disposable menus to limit sharing of items
- What precautions will the store or restaurant take to keep me safe?
- Check the businesses website or social media to see if they have updated their information to address any Covid-19 safety guidelines. Look for restaurants and stores that utilize masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and physical barriers whenever possible
It’s very exciting that we are slowly transitioning back to a normal lifestyle. However, it’s important to continue taking the correct precautions to keep you and your family safe from Covid-19. SeparationScreen is proud to continue offering a variety of infection control supplies including hand sanitizer, masks and cloth face coverings, germicidal disinfectants, and our complete line of SeparationScreen physical barriers.