Washing Cloth Face Coverings
Over the past few months we have continued to learn from medical professionals about the importance of wearing a cloth face covering or mask when in public. However, citizens around the U.S are forgetting one of the most important aspects of utilizing a reusable face covering, washing them. The CDC has found that cloth face coverings need to be washed after each use. Below you will find all the necessary information about washing your cloth face coverings at home. You can also click here to read the entire article by the CDC.
How To Clean:
- Washing Machine: You can include your face covering with regular laundry! Be sure to use regular laundry detergent and the warmest appropriate water setting for cloth.
- Washing by Hand: Prepare a bleach solution by mixing 5 tablespoons of household bleach per gallon of room temperature water or 4 teaspoon per quart of room temperature water. Soak the face covering in the bleach solution for 5 minutes, before rinsing thoroughly with cool water.
- Be sure to check the label to see if your bleach is intended for disinfection. Some bleach products such as those designed for safe use on colored clothing, may not be suitable for disinfection. Never mix bleach with ammonia or any other cleaner.
How To Dry:
- Dryer: Use the highest heat setting for cotton and leave in dryer until completely dry
- Air Dry: Lay flat and allow face covering to completely dry. If possible, place in direct sunlight.
SeparationScreen is proud to continue offering a variety of infection control supplies including cloth face coverings, disposable paper masks, hand sanitizer, germicidal disinfectants, and our complete line of SeparationScreen physical barriers.